We begin by scanning the book and saving each page as either a JPEG, TIFF or PDF image. The most popular formats are explained below:Image only PDF
- The PDF will look identical to the book as these are the original scans compiled into a multipage PDF document. The file size will be quite large and any imperfections on the page such as smudges or tears will show up. This is book scanning in its most basic form and is best suited to long term archival storage of a valuable books.Text under page image
- As above but with the added advantage of being able to search for text within the PDF. You can also select text and copy and paste into other applications such as Word or Excel.Editable PDF & Word document
- The text is extracted from the original PDF scans using advanced OCR technology. The result is a fully editable Word document with a layout similar to the original book. Once any corrections have been made we use the Word document to create a new PDF. This is the ideal format for re-publishing old titles and is ideal for use on e-readers and tablet PCs due to the small file size and high clarity images.Plain text Word document
- The text is extracted from the original PDF scans using advanced OCR technology. The result is a plain text Word document which has most of the formatting removed with the exception of page breaks and paragraphs. This is the ideal format for those authors wishing to have their books converted into one of the popular digital book formats such as epub or Kindle.Kindle Format
- Using the Word document created from your scanned book we carefully follow the guidlines set out by Amazon Kindle to convert your book into html and save it ready for you to upload to the Kindle Book Store. We also include a colour scan of the front cover which you can upload to use as the image for your book cover.